Info and resources
Got a house? The tax man cometh (Deschutes County tax assessor)
Bend utility pay (water, sewer, salad bar)
- Awbrey Butte – northwest Bend – estsablished December 7, 2005
- Boyd Acres – northeast Bend – established July 16, 2003
- Century West – Century Drive area – established July 20, 2005
- Larkspur – southeast Bend – established January 19, 2005
- Mountain View– northeast Bend – established February 19, 2003
- Old Bend – south central Bend business core – established October 16, 2002
- Old Farm District – southeast Bend – established June 18, 2003
- Orchard District – east of the Bend Parkway, east central Bend – established June 5, 2002
- River West – Bend’s west side, along the Deschutes River – established April 17, 2002
- Southeast Bend – east of Hwy 97, Bend’s southern-most portion – established August 16, 2006
- Southern Crossing – spanning the Deschutes River – established February 19, 2003
- Southwest Bend – east of the Deschutes River, southwest Bend – established December 5, 2001
- Summit West – western portion of Bend – established June 20, 2007
Pacific Power or Central Oregon Co-Op
BendBroadband – the ‘local’ broadband and ppv cable cartel – fully owned subsidiary from Illinois. Datacaps, promo pricings, pathetic bundles, no active gigabit or infrastructure expansion plans; a profit-driven company. In summary – they can provide a reliable 50mb/s+ connection, but for a price.
Smaller and piggyback providers: CenturyLink, Yellowknife, BendTel, Webformix and others will always be around as options, but speed and reliability will never be close to what fiber delivers.
Nowadays mobile providers like Verizon offer fairly good (if not expensive) high speed 4gLTE wireless service. Bend also has decent coverage with AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile.
Looking for a place?
Buying? Aggregation sites like the partner Zillow or Trulia sites make browsing easy. Talk to a local Realtor before you’re getting serious, good ones really know their stuff
For rentals, Craigslist is reliable with some modern common sense. Do your research, don’t give personal info to unknown persons, and good luck. There’s a few independent classifieds and property management companies as well (more coming soon…)